Why participate? To help celebrate STEM and inspire tomorrow’s workforce today!
Events, like Otronicon, serve to provide the upcoming generation of scientists, engineers and thinkers with inspiration to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) career paths.
Candidates we are seeking are those that will engage and enrich the community and create impactful experiences within technology. Each completed application will be reviewed for approval. Applicants will receive acceptance or regret notifications in December.
Spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis and fills up quickly so register early! Exhibit space will be determined upon acceptance of your proposed content.
Ready sign up? To submit your proposal, please choose from one of the categories below:
Otronicon Exhibitor Hours:
Friday January 12 through Monday January 15
- Otronicon Day 1 | 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Exhibitors are asked to stay at their booths until 6:00 p.m. to present to guests of the VIP Reception)
- Otronicon Day 2 | 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Science Night Live | 7:30 –11:30 p.m.
- Otronicon Day 3 | 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Otronicon Day 4 | 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
All Otronicon exhibit spaces must be staffed and show ready for the public by 9:30 a.m. each day.
- Friday, the VIP Reception is reserved for invited elected officials, sponsors, and other friends and supporters. (By invitation only)
- Saturday, the Science Night Live event is a special evening reserved for adults ages 21 and older to enjoy Otronicon after hours! (A separate tickets is required. For more information, visit www.osc.org/snl.)
Saturday, Otronicon hours will end at 5:00 p.m. and the building will be cleared of all guests. At this time, Otronicon exhibitors may break for dinner but MUST return to showcase for Science Night Live. The Science Center will reopen with scheduled Otronicon exhibitors in place by 7:30 p.m. During Science Night Live, Otronicon exhibit staff must be at least 21 years of age.
Content for Viewing Audience:
- Friday through Monday BEFORE 5: 00 p.m. content must be suited for all ages. Please no nudity, blood, harsh violence, etc. (See Code of Conduct below).
- Saturday AFTER 6:00 p.m, content may change to present to a mature audience.
At any time, content deemed offensive by the Orlando Science Center to its patrons, may be asked to be remove from your exhibit. No full or partial Nudity is allowed at anytime. If you are uncertain, please ask the Event Director.
Exhibit Staff Approval:
- Up to (2) staff persons are allowed per exhibit and will need to be registered in advance in order for them to receive the proper staff credentials. A minimum work shift of (4) hours is required.
- If your exhibit requires more than (2) staff per exhibit, please explain in your application why you need additional help to receive approval.
- Any exhibitors with helpers under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a chaperone of at least 21 years of age at all times and adhere to the organization’s behavior expectations and Code of Conduct guidelines. For questions, please email [email protected]
Code of Conduct:
By submitting the application form, you have agreed that you have read all rules and to follow. If you fail to follow the rules, you will be removed from the event.
- The exhibitor agrees to protect, keep and save Orlando Science Center forever harmless from any damage(s) or charge(s) imposed for violations of any law or ordinance by any exhibitor, their employees, as well for failure to comply with the terms and agreements.
- The exhibitor shall at all times protect, indemnify, save and keep harmless Orlando Science Center against and from any loss, cost, damage, liability, or expense which arises out of or by reason of any act or omission of exhibitor, staff, volunteers or guests.
- Exhibitors agree to represent in a mature and professional manner. Exhibitors should be kind and courteous to all guest and staff.
- Exhibitors should be prepared to engage with the audience.
- While exhibiting participants are not to leave their exhibit space unattended. Please staff accordingly.
- To keep our guests and staff safe from harm no breakdown is allowed during the event. Should an emergency arise and you need to leave early please coordinate with the event director or the floor captain on duty.
- Photos may be used by the Orlando Science Center in Marketing, Social Media and other publications.
- The Orlando Science Center is a family friendly facility. Content deemed offensive by the Orlando Science Center to its patrons, may be asked to be remove from your exhibit. Please tell us if your exhibit contains content that may not be appropriate for all ages. This includes the use of nudity, blood, harsh violence, etc. Participants violating this rule will be asked to remove inappropriate content from the building. In extreme cases violators will be asked to leave the event.
- Your exhibit must not impede the flow of walkways, ingress, or egress. Exhibits must also provide enough room within the walkway to avoid guest tripping or injury. No helium balloons, glitter, confetti, pyrotechnics, propane tanks, live flame, or smoke generators of any kind are allowed in the Orlando Science Center. All props and materials that are brought in with you must leave with you.
- Exhibitors agree to fully comply with the request to remove or change out of any part of the exhibit that Otronicon staff may deem too questionable and/or is a threat to public safety and/or comfort of other attendees. The consequences for a severe violation of the rules can include being asked to leave Otronicon and/or bans from further events