Do you love game design or robotics? Have you ever wanted to program a robot using artificial intelligence? The Orlando Science Center is looking for Orlando’s most creative game designers and film makers to come together and show how art and technology meld together to create innovative interactive experiences.
Orlando Science Center is hosting its 5th Otronicon Game Jam, an event that challenges game designers to create an experience using the Cozmo robot. After just over 30 hours of creative design and implementation, Game Jam judges will pick a team whose work best showcases the Cozmo robots capabilities. Each member of the winning team will receive their own Cozmo Collector’s Edition.
Participants can engage at three different levels.
- Level 1: Create a film no longer than 2 minutes where Cozmo is the main character.
- Level 2: Create an experience using Cozmo’s Code Lab
- Level 3: Using Python, code an experience where Cozmo must interact with a human.
Applicants must apply individually. Teams will be formed on-site.
- Game design students, hobbyists, and professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Film makers or those interested in machinima.
- Experiences will be judged on various criteria including design idea, production level, and overall immersive.
- Orlando Science Center employees are not eligible to enter.
- All decisions of the Game Jam contest judges are final.
Space is limited and registrations will be accepted with a return email from jam organizers within 72 hours.
You can register for the Jam through 12 a.m. Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
For inquiries contact: [email protected]
GAME JAM RULES FOR ATTENDEES & EXHIBITORS:
- All participants must have an Orlando Science Center admission wristband visible at all times.
- Your likeness in photos and/or video may be used for Orlando Science Center marketing and other purposes.
- If your game design is deemed offensive by Orlando Science Center staff or its patrons, you may be disqualified from the competition. Orlando Science Center is a family-friendly building, so use your best judgment.
- This is a family-friendly event and small children will be present. To that end, there must be no nudity or excessive violence. Also, foul language in-game or during the jam will not be tolerated.
- All development will occur on premise of the Orlando Science Center during the jam.
- Electrical power connections and internet will be provided.